Wastewater System Evaluation and Design
Cambium has extensive experience with wastewater treatment systems. Subsurface wastewater disposal systems (onsite wastewater treatment, often referred to as septic systems) pose a risk to water resources so it is important to understand your risks.
Risks to Consider:
- Proximity to a water source
- Local groundwater vulnerability
- Surrounding land owners
- Native soil composition
- Position and fluctuation of the water table
- Direction of groundwater flow
- Type of treatment system
- Condition and age of the current system components
No matter how complicated your site is, we can find a solution. Cambium has the experience and expertise necessary to successfully develop wastewater treatment solutions appropriate for the site-specific constraints and challenges faced by our clients in both the public and private sectors.
Cambiums’ Wastewater Team has the experience and expertise to successfully develop on-site wastewater treatment solutions for all types of Sites including:
- Residential (single family dwellings, multi-unit developments)
- Commercial (trailer parks, campgrounds, youth camps, stores, restaurants, golf courses)
- Industrial (Warehouses, Factories, Food Processing Facilities)
- Institutional (schools, areas, municipal offices, long term care facilities)
Our experts are with you every step of the way. From soil evaluation, design and installation coordination we can also act as liaisons with the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Conservation Authorities, and Municipalities on your behalf.
If you are planning a renovation or expansion, it is important to know if your system can handle the load. Our experts will analyze the existing load capacity and can identify if the system is adequate, or provide solutions to accommodate your needs. Proactive planning will save you time and money when it is time to build.
Our team has extensive experience with all types of on-site wastewater systems, including those designed and permitted under both the Ontario Building Code (OBC) and the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP). Cambium can provide a wide range of services to meet your Site specific wastewater needs which include:
- Onsite wastewater system design of conventional and advanced treatment systems
- Inspection and assessment of existing wastewater systems
- Feasibility assessments and conceptual designs
- Regulatory compliance and assistance with both OBC permits and MECP Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECA)
- Tender drawings, “As-Built” drawings, construction coordination, project management and supervision of wastewater system installations
- Wastewater system testing, commissioning, monitoring, and reporting
- Water resource assessments/hydrogeological investigations to support on-site wastewater system design
- Operation & Maintainence Manuals
- Qualified Professionals (Designers and Engineers)